Revisiting Wright’s Architectural Achievement
Date: Sunday, October 15th 2023, 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. ET
A destination for more than 50 years and a perennial P&P favorite, Politics & Prose invites you to explore the wonder of Frank Lloyd Wright’s architectural masterpiece, Fallingwater in the summer! Politics & Prose is leading a community trip to the woods of western Pennsylvania, near the Maryland border, where you can enjoy the surroundings of rhododendrons in bloom and explore the house known worldwide as a resonant feat of architectural achievement.
The group will meet in the Den cafe at Politics & Prose at 7:30 a.m. for a breakfast of coffee and bagels before departing the store at 8:00 a.m. Transportation is by coach bus https://www.marylandbuscompanies.com/charter-service The drive is scenic and takes about three and half hours. We play the Ken Burns documentary on Frank Lloyd Wright on the way to Fallingwater. Once there we will have ample time allotted to explore the grounds, take photographs, enjoy lunch in the café, and visit the gift shop. Please wear comfortable walking shoes.
Know Before You Go:
You will be able to purchase lunch on site at Fallingwater Cafe.
Price: $175.00 includes admission to house tour and transportation.
Return Policy: Refunds are only guaranteed up to seven days before the trip.
No Member Discount
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
By purchasing ticket(s), you affirm that you and tour attendees accompanying you fully understand and agree to the following:
- I am at least 18 years of age.
- I understand that my safety is my responsibility.
- I understand and agree that the loss, theft, or destruction of my belongings is my sole responsibility.
- I fully understand and accept, without limitation, sole responsibility for all of the risks associated with my participation while on the tour or event, including injury and death whether through my own actions or those of other participants, tour guides, or any other external parties. I assume sole responsibility for this risk and release Politics & Prose from all liability or damages resulting from my participation.
- I understand and agree that the safety and wellbeing of minors under the age of 18 accompanying myself or my party are my sole responsibility.
- I represent that I am in proper physical condition to participate in this tour or event.
- I understand and agree that tour leader reserves the right to disqualify anyone at any time during the tour if he or she feels the person’s continued participation will jeopardize the individual involved or the group. Refunds are not given under such circumstances.
- I waive liability and release Politics & Prose, its affiliates, owners, vendors, operators, agents and employees from any and all actions, suits, claims, controversies, damages, judgments and executions whatsoever, in law or in equity, direct or indirect, known or unknown, foreseeable or unforeseeable, which I may have or acquire, arising from, concerning or related to entry in, travel to or from and/or participation in Politics & Prose tours or events.
- I agree that Politics & Prose is not liable for delay or cancellation resulting from acts of participants, agents, employees, acts of God, public enemy, or the United States; or fire, natural disaster, strikes, or civil disturbance.
- This Participant Waiver and Release of Liability shall be construed in accordance with, and its validity and effect (including any claims for breach of any of the terms thereof) shall be governed by the laws of the District of Columbia, and this Participant Waiver and Release of Liability contains the entire understanding and the agreement of the parties hereto and supersedes all other written and oral exchanges, arrangements or negotiations among them, whether written or oral, concerning the subject matter hereof.
I do hereby, on behalf of myself, my dependents, heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, release and agree to hold harmless Politics & Prose, its affiliates, owners, vendors, operators, agents and employees from any and all liability associated with the above. I agree to release, discharge, defend and indemnify against, any and all liability, whether caused by willful or negligent conduct, Politics & Prose, its affiliates, owners, operators, agents, and employees from any claims, actions and liabilities for injury (including death), illness and property losses, theft or damages to myself and those participating in the tour with me. This release shall extend to and include any person/entity acting through or on my behalf.